Thursday, December 12, 2013

11 Month Update .... and She's WALKING!

Emma turned 11 months old on December 2nd and... SHE'S WALKING!!


Eating: We are working on chewing table foods. She loves chicken and turkey (those are mommy's favorites too)! She still HATES the sippy cup. Any advice here (besides giving her juice) is greatly appreciated. 

Napping/Sleeping: Emma has cut her morning nap out! She sleeps 11-12 hours at night with a three hour nap after lunch. Oh this schedule is heaven.

Stats: She is in 9-12 month clothes, size 2 shoe, and size 3 diaper. She hit a whopping 18 pounds this month. She continues to accomplish milestones at an average pace which is great because she arrived 3.5 weeks before her due date! She had her first ear infection over Thanksgiving break.

Teeth: Emma has 6 teeth.

Mobility: Emma took her first steps on Josh's birthday (Nov. 23rd). She is still working on balance and strength but she'll get there soon. If we visit your home this Christmas, your tree is not safe - so hang those ornaments high!

Vocab:  Emma has started to babble more and sing this past month. She also experiments with her voice more often (especially in the car and public places).

Interests:  Emma can now sway to a beat (she has been bouncing to a beat for months). Mommy and Emma have frequent dance parties at the house; drop by and join us one afternoon. We'll be the house on Smith Sims in Trussville that's rocking out to Christmas music (and whatever Emma chooses on my iPhone)! Emma also loves the Christmas lights and reading stories in mommy's lap. Her favorite playmate is definitely Daddy who is home on a one month sabbatical through the month of December into January 2014.

I am trying to prepare myself for her first birthday, which is only 3 weeks away! Emma rocked my world when she came into my life on January 2, 2013. I had no idea what I was doing and nobody could have prepared me for this first year as a mother. Motherhood has changed me - just ask Josh. He'll tell you ALL about it.  I'm so thankful for my scaled back work hours. It allows me to keep up my certification without spending too much precious time away from Emma and Josh. God has used Emma to change my heart. I'm so thankful to be her mommy. And I have one incredible husband who has cheered me on the entire way. Not many men could handle these changes in their wife the way he has. It's like he knew this would be a perfect fit all along (i.e. me being mom); he was just waiting for ME to realize it. Thanks Josh - I don't tell you enough how much you mean to me. I can see where Emma gets her kind-hearted spirit. Thank you for always taking care of us.


Josh captured this beautiful big smile!  See all those teeth!?

We surprised Daddy at work with a cookie cake for his 32nd birthday!
She raises her hand every time she sees a Christmas tree.  I think it's her way of saying, "oh how pretty!"

Emma is on the move!

Daddy may be her favorite playmate but she is still a mommy's girl!

Emma's beautiful Aunt Steph.  Grams made her cute Turkey Day shirt!

These two are precious together.  We met Josh at the mall for lunch one day and rode the new carousel.


No comments: